24 April 2011

My Jensen Family In LA

For Colten's spring break my parents decided to come see me in LA. Really I think they came to see the beach- I am just now an excuse for them to actually come and do it. But I guess that's ok because it turned out to be a really fun weekend and I enjoyed having them all here :)

Wed 4/20 DAY 1- No better way to start a vacation than to do it at Dodgers Stadium!
For it's root root root for the DODGERS! If they don't win its a shame! --WE DID WIN! They hit the ball like mad!

Picture of the field from our seats- not too shabby really, the camera makes it look smaller.

Mom, Colten, and Dad

Me, Jeremy, and Jeffrey Paul

Me and Jeremy. I really like this picture! 


Thurs 4/21 DAY 2: Jeremy had to work so we went out and explored this place-


The street- I bet it's cool when all the lanterns are lit up at night.

This is what they did while Mom and I went in the shops- party poopers (mostly it was Dad)

Mom and Me enjoying it!

All of us together!


Fri 4/22 DAY 3: Jeremy had the day off for Good Friday/Passover. So we all hung out at the beach.
He didn't move for most of the time.

We love just sitting in our chairs

Dad and Cole playing a weird ball and paddle game- which is actually kinda hard on the sand.

It was a nice day! (although quite a bit windy)

We took them to Cha-Cha Chicken for lunch.

Mom was loving the sun. Her swimming suit is cute!

Big Teddy

His head got a little pink this day.

The waves were huge and there were tons of surfers!

Eating and Johnny Rockets on 3rd Street
Sat 4/23 DAY 4: They have these places that you can rent beach cruisers (bikes) and ride them on the bike path from Palos Verdes to the Pacific Palisades (close to Malibu)- total of 22 miles. We didn't go the whole way but it was so fun and very pretty!
Dad and Mom- only time they were in the lead.

Jeremy- I was trying to take the picture without stopping and with a basket on the front of the bike it's more difficult than you would think.

Cole riding next to me

This is what I was seeing.

Self portrait

Jeremy riding by.


Master of the path.

Cool biker chic.

Me and Cole.

Dad thought he was tricky by getting his front wheel zig-zagging between the yellow lines.

Mom bringing up the rear


This is Jeremy, and this is the place where we are going to buy a beach house some day. (not necessarily the ones you see)

Hermosa Beach Pier

Riding to Balboa Island- Colten Crashed

Enjoying some frozen bananas and Balboa Bars

We were at the Original Banana stand. For you Arrested Development lovers- you understand.

They have awesome Salt Water Taffy

Colten bought some candy. Some of it was really weird, such as- Jones Tablet?

Sun only shines on the cool kids.

Sun 4/24 DAY 5: Sacrament meeting then goodbye. They were on the road before we could even snap a picture. 10 hours on sore butts from the bikes hahaha!

It was a fun weekend and I loved having them here! I miss them all the time! I hope they had fun and want to come back soon! In two weeks my cute cousins Aubrey and Amber will come visit and we'll have some fun! Can't wait for more visitors and more time off work to play!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I bet riding those bikes down the pier was amazing. Also, it looks so sunny and warm! Can' wait to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was kinda chilly actually! lol but the bikes were fun! We should get them when you are here! You rent them the whole day and just go along the coast to all the beaches! They give you a lock with the bike so you can stop whenever and go look at things. Pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete